Why Amazingly Awesome morphed into Extraordinarly Epic
“You are a Deity in jeans and a t-shirt, and within you dwells the infinite wisdom of the ages and the sacred creative force of All that is, will be and ever was.” –Anthon St. Maarten
My catchphrase over the past few years has been, “Something amazingly awesome is going to happen to me today.” I’ve repeated it every morning for nearly five years. I even wrote a whole book about its life-changing power.
However, I recently had to gag my catchphrase, bind it and tie it to a chair in the cellar.
Amazingly awesome had lost its magic. For me, it had become rote, shorn of energy. I repeated it the way most of us answer the question, “How are you?”
“Fine,” we say, without really thinking.
I needed some new mojo!
So I’m happy to report that my new morning mantra is this:
“Something extraordinarily epic is going to happen to me today.”
Speaking of extraordinarily epic, here are a couple fun manifestation that recently landed in my inbox:
”I just wanted to write you and tell you that you are helping me slowly change my life! Here’s a little bit about what I was suffering from before. I am an openly gay Latino, who’s older brother is mentally handicapped, and who’s parents are very low income. To top it off, I decided to move incredibly far away from home (Miami, Florida to Los Angeles, CA) to pursue the Hollywood dream (as we well know, one of the hardest careers to attempt.) This past year, my grandfather, grandmother, and aunt all passed away within three months of each other.
“My family has always been very loving and accepting so this was a hard blow. My career was at a standstill. I was drowning under negative thoughts. My talent manager suggested I give your book a shot. I was skeptical, not gonna lie. But I started to notice a few shifts as I tried out your experiments. I realized I have an incredibly supportive and loving fiance, a job to pay the bills, etc. So maybe it wasn’t that bad. My parents call every morning with “Good morning, superstar.” (Which I used to roll my eyes at.) Before you know it, by the third exercise, my manager called with some good news about being cast in a TV series.
“I bought my mom the book in Spanish and sent it to her right away. She started trying it out as well as reading it to my brother. She then received a random $100 check from her bank. When she called to ask, they said that upon review they realized they had charged her too many fees way back in 2010!!! So she decided to have my dad try it. He has been working a Grocery store for about 30 years now. He just got offered a better job at a Jewelry Store company making more money.
“I JUST ORDERED E3!!! I am beside myself at how I allowed myself to forget that life is not that bad! I’m on my last exercise of E2 and simply counting the small miracles around me is amazing.”
Speaking of E-Cubed, here’s a fun one from the Red Pill experiment:
“I started the Red Pill Corollary on October 4, 2017 at 1:17 pm. (This
experiment asks readers to manifest 8 things).
“I don’t have photographs because, well I rarely take photographs of anything, mostly because I’m too busy enjoying the moment and I forget. Nothing happened on day one. But the last day everything happened.
• A Belly Laugh = Ryan Gosling and Harrison Ford interview with This Morning for Blade Runner
• A Toy from my Childhood = 3:10 pm Oct 6 I donate my time to FrogskinU tending to their social media needs. Ook Pik posts funny things and they randomly showed up in the feed. Today, when I saw the name I remembered as a little girl I had a stuffed toy called OokPik, it was white with an orange beak and orange feet. OokPik was at my side was six years old having my tonsils removed. All that to say, Ookpik was my loved childhood toy.
• Your Favorite song from High School = I often turn on random online radio stations when I am illustrating. This station played not one but three of my high school fav’s: Bob Dylan Knocking on Heaven’s Door, Aerosmith Dream’n and then “We Will Rock You” by Queen, the last song was always played at every high school volleyball warm up 🙂
* #222 = At an intersection in Montreal, where I live, there is a special four-way walk sign that counts down allowing only pedestrians to use the street access. It counts from 20 down to 0. As I was walking up to the intersection I could see three of the crosswalk count downs at the same time from where I was standing, each showed the number 2. I saw 2 2 2 this happened at 12:15 p.m October 6th.
* Beach Ball = While waiting for Illustrator CS4 to open, I noticed the Macintosh beach ball spinning while I waited, that doesn’t happen very often but did happen at 1 pm.
• Senior Citizen in a fashionable hat = October 6 at 12:10 pm, After picking up some groceries I was walking on the sidewalk I passed a beautiful African woman with a brilliant, purple, sparkly, pill box shape hat, it wasn’t a hat really, it was wrapped perfectly around her head. It was lovely.
• A Smile from a baby. While working in social media, in the feed appeared a photo of a 2-year-old boy with the biggest smile. October 6 at 12:45 pm.
• A billboard with message for me = There are not many billboards in the area where I live. I am grateful for that. The only billboard message I can claim is a quote that appeared when I opened my personal Twitter account. “Faith is to believe what you do not see. The reward of this faith is to see what you believe.” – St. Augustine.
“The post was at 4:22 pm from Iran Lawrence 🙂 This is relevant to me, because recently along with your book I’ve been reading books by Marianne Williamson Everyday Grace and The Gift of Change and Deepak Chopra How to Know God and your ebook E-Cubed. The quote in my Twitter feed resonated with me as I’ve been reading books that are moving me in the direction of faith and belief :)”
“Thank you. I am looking forward to reading more of your books.”
And I look forward to hearing more about your manifestations. Have a great evening, my friends.
Pam Grout is the author of 19 books including E-Squared: 9 Do-it-Yourself Energy Experiments that Prove Your Thoughts Create Your Reality and the just-released, Art & Soul,Reloaded: A Year-Long Apprenticeship to Summon the Muses and Ignite Your Daring, Audacious, Creative Side.